Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dig in!

That has so many meanings for me right now!! 
1.) It means that I am eating some pretty "salted" words that I claimed a little less than a year ago.
2.) It means that I need to stop complaining and just do it
3.) It literally means "dig my heels in"

Sigh...so a few weeks ago, the night of the Earthquake, Kim's birthday and an emotional bonding moment...I agreed to run, with my friends.  The 4 of us (Reichley and Rhodes clan) promised to run the...gulp...wait for it...Spinx Marathon this fall.  That's right 26.2.  Not only am I running 13.1 AGAIN, i'm doing it AGAIN AND AGAIN! 
So, my friends took advantage of me in a vulnerable moment and we made a promise to do something that I really don't want to do, nor do I think it is at all possible!  So next week starts my Hal Higgy (thanks Anth) 30 WEEK training program.  No, don't worry, I won't peak out too early, it starts at  1.5 miles.  So, I think I'm safe.
Yes, I'm about to throw up just typing about it.
Digging in...

No comments:

Post a Comment