Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Finish

New Year, new word.

That's how it has been for 4 years straight. This year...Finish. Not like, I'm from Finland Finish, but to complete what I start.

I have a bad habit of seeing or dreaming up big ideas, and never seeing them through. That is honestly why I went into acting (for those that don't know, I have a degree in Theatre.) I was passionate about a new career every week! So, what is the best thing to do? Go into a field where you can pretend to be whatever you want and then move on...perfect for me, at least.

So, that is what I do. I find something that lights my fancy, for a time, and then I move on. When it gets too hard, or doesn't excite me as much as it did last week or I feel a nudge...

But this year, I want to start only things I plan on finishing. And finishing everything I commit too. So if I say no to you, don't take it personally, just trying to not overload so I can do all things well.

So, I plan on starting and finishing
-my running plan
-my healthy eating plan
-disciplining my children in love, not anger
-monthly date night
-weekly Bible Study
-Daily BCP and Scripture study

and who knows what else. David told me a quote he read on a local pastor's FB page and it is my subtitle for the year.

Desire doesn't change our destiny, discipline does.

May your year be one that you finish...well.


Oh yeah, and the music is new too! Some songs that I like, have liked and make me bop my head! uh,uh...feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment