Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Songs

I am convinced that my life has a soundtrack. 

When David and I were dating he used to get frustrated when we would be driving and there was no talking...he'd ask what I was thinking about..."nothing, I'm just singing in my head".  He'd roll his eyes, not believing.  Now, he's a believer and he enjoys the silence a little too much, the tables have turned and the "song" in his head usually begins with a "W" and ends with an "ayfarer".

All that to say , I truely hear music in my head all day.  I used to think I'm crazy, but now I know that is just a way the Spirit speaks to me.  It encompasses emotion, literal meaning and complex artistry all in one.  I guess you could say it encompasses me.  (And no, it's not all spiritual music, God's not that small).

So songs, they mean a lot to me.  They are the easiest way for me to convey my thoughts and emotions (just ask the people in my life who have recieved mix-Cd-that's sad- from me rather than a letter or speech)
It is one of my most favourite things to do.  Search out artists, shop on iTunes and read lyrics and the stories behind them.

And yes, you don't even have to ask, I have the music for my funeral all picked out.  It changes every couple years, but a few remain...they keep me focused and aware that when I leave there will be others left who knew me.  I hope they knew me well, and speak well.

So what is your song list? What would be the soundtrack of your life? Here, is my current:

Mushaboom
Ice Cream
American Boy
True Love
Paper Planes
You and Me
Hello Lord
I like to Dance
Fragile
The Way I am

No comments:

Post a Comment